Collective worship should aim to provide the opportunity for pupils to worship God, to consider spiritual and moral issues and explore their own beliefs; to encourage participation and response, whether through active involvement in the presentation of worship or through listening to and joining in the worship offered; and to develop community spirit, promote a common ethos and shared values, and reinforce attitudes.
- To help children develop a sense of awe and wonder at the world around them.
- To offer children a spiritual dimension to their lives and personal relationships.
- To provide regular opportunities for reflection and meditation.
- To provide opportunities for thanksgiving and enjoying the unity which comes from sharing love, joy, friendship, anguish, fear and forgiveness.
- To give children experience of being active members of a caring community.
- To help children value each other and develop an awareness and concern for others.
- To help develop standards, attitudes and values fundamental to the Christian faith.
- To focus on beliefs and values which the school upholds as a community.
- In our school we strive to cultivate mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.
Our worship themes for this year are:
Courage, Trust, Forgiveness, Justice, Friendship, Truthfulness
Take a look at some of our recent acts of worship…
Invalid Displayed Gallery